work in usa

What Foreign Nationals Seeking US Employment Need to Know

Naturally, it is a common fact that the work in the USA gives a lot of opportunities for foreign nationals. What is more, it is a great experience to live in another country, learn country mentality, culture, and earn a large sum of money as well. So, in this article, we are to find out what should foreigners, planning to work in the USA, know? With the help of US embassy Barbados, you will find more!

How Can a Foreigner Work in the US?

Every foreigner seeking the United States employment should get an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). This document is also known as a permit to work in the USA. But some time before you will be applying for the EAD, it is essential to get a work visa.

There are several different types of work visas to get jobs for foreigner in USA. They are a temporary work visa, exchange work visa, and the seasonal one. Well, it is essential to be acquainted with all the details.

Who is Permitted to Work in the US?

There are three types of foreign nationals permitted to work in the United States. They are:

1. Immigrant workers – they are staff workers authorized to work and live permanently in the United States of America.

2. Non-immigrant workers – they are temporary workers. As a rule, they are seeking for an opportunity to enter the US only for a short period, and they have a specific job purpose. What is more, non-immigrant workers are restricted to the activity for which their visa was issued.

3. Exchange visitors or students – Under certain circumstances students and exchange visitors may get the same opportunities as the working US citizens. However, before applying for any of the offered jobs for foreigner in USA they should get approval. This job permit is easy to obtain. Each student can take it from the authorized official at the particular school or university.

How to Get Permission to Work in the USA?

As it was written above every employee including permanent workers and the United States visitors should have proof of his or her eligibility to work in the USA. It can be proved with the help of EAD.

This document is available for asylum seekers, refugees, students seeking US employment, nationals are given a Temporary Protected Status, fiances of US citizens, minor children or spouses of exchange visitors, and so on.

If you are one of them, and you are available to apply for Employment Authorization Document, then you can do it on the Immigration Service or US Citizenship websites. After the eligibility is proved, you will have to take your original documents. And then the last but not the least important thing, the employer will have to do is to record your document information on an I-9 form. Only after that, you will receive all the further instructions on how to work in USA. Be sure, following these instructions you will get your US employment with ease. Good luck!